Skip to main content

I am not Belgian, but I am currently studying in Belgium or another country of the European Union. Am I allowed to work with a student contract?

Any student can work in Belgium with a student contract. Your nationality or origins are not taken into account. You will get 600 hours in which you can work at reduced social security contributions.

Are you not a national of a Member State of the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland?

Please note that there may be limits or additional obligations that you may have to fulfil in order to be allowed to work in Belgium.

Would you like more information? Go to the page 'Arbeidskaart/Permis de Travail' (Work Permit) at (in French) (new window).

Do you have an identity card from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs?

Contact the FPS Foreign Affairs or the protocol service directly. They will inform you about the possibilities for working during your studies.