Skip to main content

I am not a Belgian national and I am studying abroad. Can I work in Belgium with a student contract?

If you are a student and a national of one of the member states of the European Union or of Switzerland, Iceland, Norway or Liechtenstein, you can absolutely work with a student contract under the same conditions as Belgian students. You will receive a quota of 600 hours per year during which you are allowed to work while paying less in social contributions.

The condition is that you are enrolled in an educational institution (in Belgium or elsewhere) and that your main status is that of a student.